And the winner is...

Last week I asked what readers would like to ask Alex, the hero of Desperate Bid, and this week, as promised, I put your questions to him. So here, in order of posting, are the questions and his replies:

Why do you like Sarah? What makes her special?
Sarah’s special because I’ve never met anyone else quite like her. At work she’s super-professional and very impressive, but she can also be really funny and gentle, and she has a good ear for music and likes some very cool bands, which I wouldn’t have expected from someone who seems so serious. She’s pretty, kind, and full of surprises, so life is never dull with her around.

In an ideal world, what would your perfect date with Sarah be?
I think our first real date was just about perfect – we went to hear a great new band in a local pub and just talked and listened to music all evening, then walked home together in the rain. OK, maybe the perfect date wouldn’t have the rain, although it did give us a good excuse to ‘get out of those wet clothes’ afterwards!

What T shirt slogan would you say was the most 'you'?
I’ve always liked ‘Pobody’s Nerfect’, because I’ve done some daft things at times, and you have to be able to laugh about your mistakes.


Am I allowed two? If so, my second one would be, ‘A balanced diet is a beer in each hand.’



What motivates you?
I feel like I’m back in acting class with that one! Well, Miss, my character is very ambitious but lacking in direction and not sure where he wants to go in life, so you could say his motivation is to figure out what he should be doing with his life. Although he’s easily distracted by a pretty face!

What's your dream? What do you want most out of life and what's keeping you from it?

Cheat! That’s three questions - but they’re good questions. I had to think about them. As I said before, I feel like I’m still figuring out what my real dream is. I guess I want to be playing music and performing and spending time with people I care about. Just now I seem to be my own worst enemy. I spend too much time thinking and worrying and not enough time playing and singing – and, to come back to the first question, one of the things I like about Sarah is she encourages me to be myself and do the things that matter to me. I’d like to think I could do the same for her, too.

Thanks, Alex! And thanks to everyone who asked such interesting questions. It’s been a hard choice and I wish everyone could have won, but there can only be one winner and this time – for making Alex both think and laugh – it’s Jane Lovering. Jane, a pdf copy of ‘Desperate Bid’ is winging its way through cyberspace to you now!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I love my publisher.

Halloween Blog Hop

Writer Wednesday Interview: Angela Wren